Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 2- What I Made and Ate This Week

Look at that, I've made it to the second week of my new series. Are y'all as surprised as I am? Unfortunately (or fortunately as I see it), I cooked very little this week. Leftovers were abundant in the fridge and one night I decided to skip dinner, cause ya know I've got a Hawaiian vacation coming up! But here is a rundown on what I made and ate this week:

Saturday: Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie balls (VG)
Saturday afternoon Elizabeth once again decided that napping is so 2010, so we decided to make some cookies together while the others napped and Daddy watched football. We made these peanut butter chocolate chip cookie balls and OMG, these are so incredibly good!!!

Sunday: Tempeh spagetti
On Sunday night we went over to our neighbor's house for dinner. And the dinner being served was spaghetti with spicy sausage (Chris was so excited for this!). My neighbor was so sweet and called me to ask what she could make for me to eat (yippee!). I gave her a tip that tempeh crumbled into marinara sauce would be really easy and give me the extra protein that Boris insists I eat. Easy peasey and pretty darn good. Simply take your tempeh, steam it for about 10 minutes, and then crumble it into marinara sauce. My favorite brand of tempeh is Westsoy as this brand crumbles really easily into small pieces. Since I was the only one eating the tempeh spaghetti I got leftovers sent home with me (double yippee!). And my neighbor last week made the most delicious mac-n-cheese ever (at my suggestion) but her kids didn't agree with my review of the mac-n-cheese. So a big ol' dish of mac-n-cheese got sent home with us too (triple yippee!).

Monday, Tuesday: Leftover tempeh spaghetti. And I still have enough left over for one more meal.

Wednesday: The Kate Moss special

Thursday: Faux sausage and peppers
I figured it was about time for me to cook a meal for the family. Even though we had been eating a lot of marinara and noodles, I decided to make faux sausage and peppers. You really don't need a recipe for this one as its a no-brainer. Take some bell peppers, an onion, and faux Italian sausages (I used the Tofurky brand) and sautee them. At the same time boil a box of pasta. When the pepper and sausage mix is done throw a bottle of marinara sauce in with it (I did make marinara from scratch for this). Put sausage mix together with pasta in a big pan. Throw some mozzarella cheese on top and put in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Bam! You'll have leftovers for days too!

So as you can see, a light week of cooking meals for the family. But I did make some other things this week, some of which I ate and some of which I didn't.

  • maple cinnamon and cookie dough almond butter
  • black beans, homemade yogurt, and rice (for Nolan). I know this sounds gross but it was pretty delicious. 
  • chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, and quinoa (again for Nolan). And yep, Nolan loved it and how many babies do you know that eat quinoa?  

No comments:

Post a Comment